Tuesday, April 22, 2014

U.S. Cellular Let's Celebrate Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day!  Going green on Earth Day and beyond.  In honor of Earth Day, U.S. Cellular encourages people to recycle their old electronic devices and is providing incentives to do so. Customers can get up to $250 when they trade in qualified smartphones - including Apple® iPhones - at U.S. Cellular retail locations through the company's Trade-in Program.  

Statistics on the numbers of electronics that are not being recycled are mind boggling: of the 141 million mobile phones that were discarded in 2009 (the most recent data available), only 12 million were recycled, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Thirty percent of people who do not recycle their used cell phones refrain from doing so because they don’t know where to recycle their devices, according to an online poll conducted by Earth911.

With my iPhone 5s, technology has created better family moments by simplifying and enhancing my life.


Here are some great, easy ways I have found I can go green and reduce, reuse and recycle simply by using my iPhone 5s:

One of the apps is t
he fun JouleBug app which provides valuable information about going green, and users can earn achievements for real-life sustainable actions and compete with others to be the most eco-friendly.  JouleBug claims that users who follow their tips will save an average of $200 per year - which can make your wallet greener as well!  You can share how you are making a difference by being kind to the planet.


Recyclebank.com provides tips and advice to become more environmentally conscious.  Plus, users get rewarded with points (redeemable for grocery discounts, gift cards, etc.) by being green (recycling, using less water, etc.).


Recycle more easily. The 1800Recycling app identifies nearby recycling locations based on ZIP code, and provides directions to the recycling centers and lists which materials they'll take. In addition to our bi-weekly recycling cart pickup, we have a drop-off center we can use for $20/year.  Recycling is such a simple easy way to get the family involved together in helping their environment be a better place for all to enjoy better family moments.


What do I love about my iPhone 5S?  Why did I take so long to get a smart phone?  With U.S. Cellular 4G LTE network, it's definitely made my life easier and provides better family moments.  The camera provides beautiful quality photos even with me taking them.  I use the calendar to keep track of our schedules.  With voicemail, email and text messages at my fingertips, I can be easily reachable.  We recently got my son an iPhone 5s and my husband picked a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini with the help of a great U.S. Cellular Retail Wireless Consultant by the name of Chris B, at our local store who matched what we needed and we were able to use reward points as well.  U.S. Cellular lets the family say Hello Better.



Disclosure:  I have been provided information and have been compensated by U.S. Cellular for my post.  All opinions expressed are my own.





No comments: